Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday WOD

Hello Daylight Savings Time- WOOF!

This first week I think it's appropriate to say it FEELS as though you are getting out of bed at 4:30am and technically we are if we hadn't turned our clocks forward. Trying to be adaptable but this week may be a little tough!

Monday's WOD

Strength: Back Squats

WOD: FRAN

21-15-9
Thrusters (65lbs/95lbs)
Pull Ups

George 1 hit a new record and lowered his previous FRAN score (which seems like it had to have been at least 6/8-12months ago) by 20/30 seconds! He finished around 5:15! GREAT performance!

George 2's performance wasn't as pretty. First time doing it Rx and finished with an 8:30. And somebody was NOT happy! Just wasn't mentally with it. Broke my first two rounds of thrusters and pull ups up at half way point. And then between rounds 2 and 3 legit had a mental breakdown, started crying and kept repeating "I don't want to do this anymore"- like I really thought quitting was an option? But I think I did.. I think I really thought if I got worked up enough "someone" would say it's OK stop or that my time would be so bad that I could justify it by the breakdown, which both were and are cop outs. Just suck it up and do it! The two positive things that came out of FRAN were that a- I did  do it Rx for the first time and b- I did my pull ups butterfly. I definitely could have done each of the butterfly sets unbroken but mentally needed to focus and just wasn't.

But by 8am I felt great and motivated to start the day so at least it didn't stay with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment