Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

We hope everyone is enjoying their day, we certainly our. We started it off with a pretty intense WOD, followed by showering, breakfast, and then getting the Turkey show on the road! Guests piled in early around 10am, so we needed to be ready!

Why is it that the CF world needs to try and KILL us on Thanksgiving? Is it the know and fear that we will be "stuffing" our faces all day and not worrying about it and guzzling it down with ice cold brews and fine wine?

Today's WOD

Our own little variation of Murph.... we had to work with what we had...

Run 1-mile
100 push ups
200 sit ups
300 squats
Run 1-mile

George 2:
For me the WOD started out with an up hill battle, literally! Running up the vertical incline was a doozy, but I tried to dig in and keep up with My Better Half. And it was CHILLY let me tell you! Frost still on the ground kinda chilly! I really tried to focus on my breathing as in the cold I have been cramping a lot more.

We chose to do our WOD in 10 rounds:
10 push ups, 20 sit ups, 30 squats. We pulled a mat out by the Barn and did it in the driveway, by round 5 I stripped down to my tank, hat, pants, and arm compressions, pretty bad a** if you ask me, haha! After my first round of push ups I went to my knees to ensure that I was getting my chest all the way to the ground and the depth that I needed! Sit ups, banged those puppies out :), and as for squats I tried to keep my elbows up and hands on shoulders in a "front squat" position so I could practice my form.

If I am going to get anywhere with my olympic lifting, I really need to make these movements (elbows up, depth in my squat, dropping under the bar, wrist position) second nature!

And back to the present, enjoying a nice fire to my left and a glass of wine to my right!

Enjoy your day with family and until tomorrow's torture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment