Friday, January 11, 2013

1 More Sleep!

Pardon my French, but.... Holy Freaking Moly!!!!! My nerves have just moved from butterflies in my stomach closer to full blown anxiety and Gonna Poop My Pants! Haha people ask me all the time how was I a D-I athlete for 4 years. Well the answer is simple my friends I was a MESS! In season I basically majored in Lacrosse because I spent so much time panicking! I had GI problems and pre-game stomach problems out the wazoo! I had a wonderful morning with a Mommy-Playdate and now it's time to focus on work and conference calls and I find myself looking up "what to eat the night before a CrossFit competition". The problem with that- umm hello concentrate on your work; you already looked all this up; you eat fine; you KNOW what to eat; you KNOW not to change anything up...go with what you know! I have now resorted to my post-it list making. What do I need to pack for tomorrow, what will we bring, what will we bring for Little George, what do I need to go to the store and get. Hahaha, NOT the National Championship here Darlin', SIMMER DOWN! 

I just really want to do well. I want to meet the personal goals for myself of course, but the competitive edge in me just doesn't want to be embarrassed. I WANT TO GET IN THE TOP TOP TOP, but i need to be more realistic so I leave the day happy and satisfied with myself. I want to be able to lift the heavy weights. I mean no miracle will happen tomorrow, I know my max weights, so I just need to stay focused! I want to be able to lift the single arm KB-snatch's with "ease", I know I will be tired and my blood and adrenaline will be PUMPIN, BUT I just don't want to clinch every time I pick up that KB, because the weight IS heavier for me. If I get to the 3rd WOD I really want to do my Toes Through Ring unbreakable (George 1 would just say concentrate on  the first 2 WODs and do your best, because you can't get to WOD 3 without doing that)!

- George 2

No comments:

Post a Comment