Thursday, January 24, 2013

Where to even start! It's almost been two weeks since our "Winter Warmer" competition and you probably thought we got killed during it or something since we went cold-turkey on the blog. JK we know you don't care that much!

The Winter Warmer went well! It was definitely an interesting mix of people together. George 1 and I achieved the majority of our personal goals and so one has to be happy with that. My biggest disappointment of the day was botching my double-unders and not being able to re-focus and recover mentally and physically, but it happens!

George 1 ended up 52nd out of 125 men and George 2 ended up 43 out of 80 women! And boy were we sore Sunday and Monday! One real eye opener is how STRONG some of these competitors are and if we are going to compete on occasion and want to do well, then we will need to build our strength. Which leads us into our next 4-week strength program on  top of our daily WOD's. Each day we focus on a strength set right now they are: Push Press; Dead Lift; Bench Press; Back Squat. We just finished up week 2 and have our next competition NEXT Saturday, February 2nd.

This competition SHOULD be fun. It is a couple's competition which means that we get to compete together (who knows what that means, details to be released next week).

This week I have been in Panama for work and so I have been going to our old box: CrossFit PTY. I love the trainers and owners there, que amable! Some of the other crossfitters are nice and I recognize some of them from going on my sporadic business trips. Mostly they all just look at me like I have 10 heads!

In saying that.....it was such a great feeling this morning..... before our WOD they had us do our "max rep pull ups" and it basically was to bench mark for ourselves to know our 'knew' point. So each person did the type of pull up they are capable with (i.e. a reverse push up off the ground to a lower bar; the pull up bar with band assistance; kipping; etc.). People were doing it in partners and it was my turn; 1/2 the people had finished and were coming in to the main room and the other 1/4 of the boys were waiting to start. I wanted to do strict to see how many I could do. I seriously thought 5 MAX, so by the end of my attempt everyone was in the room cheering me on to pull up on my final one and then some guy came and fist pumped me! So maybe they still think I am crazy, but they accepted me, haha! Always looking for acceptance, ha!

So my new PR for max strict pull ups is 9!

I have also been doing the heavier (well Rx but heavier for me) KB weight more often and I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it, which is a good feeling!

It has also been such a good feeling to sweat sweat sweat! I mean we do at home, but it's freezing! Here it is warm and not humid like the rainy season, but warm and it just feels so good to be in light clothing and just sweat out the wine from the night before!

But back home tomorrow and can't wait to see George 1 and Little George!

No comments:

Post a Comment