Tuesday, January 8, 2013

4 More Sleeps

4 more sleeps until our 2nd competition! Very exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Nerve racking, you say... aren't you doing this for fun? Haha I think that all the time, but it's the truth, I always get all sorts of worked up! 

Today's WOD
5 rounds
10 toes through rings
10 hand release burpees 
(jump over the kb like we will in the competition)

Today's WOD was good practice for me on a few of the skills we will be tested on in the 2nd WOD and if we make it to the 3rd WOD. Short workout  but we tried to do each skill as fast as we could... talk about "Take My Breath Away", holy hannah I was definitely short of breath after each attempt! And for some reason the toes through rings keep getting more challenging for me?

I will say, and George 1 will probably kill me, but I am so sore! I thought the week before a competition you were suppose to feel  "your best"? I don't mean to throw out excuses, but I was just not expecting the tightness in my neck and back, the tiredness of my body, and my little "visitor" to intensify all of those muscular and intestinal aches. OK maybe you say T.M.I., but it's the truth. 

 I will say that I have been making a conscious effort to stretch more and longer with the bands, roller, etc. George 1 made this little device by taping two baseballs side by side. You lay on it starting in your lower back, do some short stretching exercises and work your way up to your neck bit-by-bit. W.O.W! Definitely doesn't feel good, but it is SO worth it when you are done!

Tomorrow is a rest day. Today is a drink your fluids kinda day!!!!

- George 2

No comments:

Post a Comment