Thursday, December 6, 2012

No Time for a Case of the Monday's!

It's almost Friday, in fact it's Throwback Thursday!!!!! Which means it's time to reflect on this week so far.

Well, Monday certainly started out with a BANG!

Pre-WOD we did....
 Cleans and Snatch Practice

Practicing our Front Squats, but particularly coming UP (i.e. exploding) from the bottom.

AM WOD
On the Minute for 20 min.
Even: 5 Hand Stand Push ups (also known as HSP)
Odds: 200m row

Then George 1 took it took it to the Golf Course to take advantage of the very un-Winter-like weather we had! 

George 2 stayed home to "man the fort" and stayed true to Monday's OT training, except instead of at night I did it only a few hours later! And to be honest I thought we'd practice a little bit of snatch, OH squat, some PCleans, basically duplicating my pre-WOD practice form our morning session. WELL- man was I W-R-O-N-G! 
2nd Training Session
I had to complete...
100 pull ups
100 dead lifts (115lbs)
100 decline push ups
100 box squats

He gave me 35 minutes to complete it and I could do it in whatever combination I wanted. Well, I didn't realize this until after I did 35 pull ups and probably looked like I was going to d-i-e! So, I went through and did 25 of every other exercise. Round 2 I evened everything up rep wise so I was at 50. Oh, if you haven't noticed already I am a self-proclaimed OCD control freak! I also must note that the pull ups were on the machine and not a bar like normal, so there was NO kipping (which should just be my second name in CF), my hands were faced inward vs a pull up or chin up position, and I did use a band to help me lift up. By my 3rd and 4th rounds I could only do 3 pull ups at a time! I had a few that didn't count and I think he was going to give them to me because he said he "didn't want me to physically die on the floor', ha, but I re-did them. "No rep" is no rep and if I don't get my chin above the bar or my chest above it the judge isn't going to give it to me! My first round of DL (dead lifts), I did with 115lbs and then I guess he thought it may be a little heavy for me and put me down to 95lbs. My first 2 rounds I did straight through 25. My 3rd and 4th rounds I did 15 and 10. Decline push ups I BANGED out for once! The box jumps the box was actually a lot higher than normal so I really had to work on getting my knees up! First round I was able to do all 25. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds I mentally broke up in 15 and 10 for counting purposes, but I luckily didn't have to stop!

Final Time: 24 minutes! 

Needless to say I was in bed by 8pm, still shaking! 

-George 2

No comments:

Post a Comment