Saturday, December 29, 2012

Past Week of WODs

WOD's in Review

Sorry we have been gone so long! I wish I could say it was due to our crazy holiday schedule, but in fact I would say we were pretty "low key" for us this year and George 2 stayed pretty calm with all of the Holiday Prep. The main reason we haven't blogged in a week or so is that Little George got a little sick (as you may have seen in my previous blog) and has been rather clingy (i.e. "uppy, uppy, uppy" every two seconds) so we haven't really had both hands to type.

Here is a little week in review of our Holiday Season WODs! I hope you didn't underestimate us and think we would take of Christmas, WAAAHH AAHHH AHHH! In fact I am pretty sure we were out in the Box by 6:15am. NOT on purpose, but it just happened that way. The BEST part about that was showering and putting back on our PJ's for presents! 


Clarity isn't so great, but these were our WOD's this week. Sunday's isn't up here because usually we take it off, but somebody (ahhheemm George 1) "needed to sweat". I should have known better than to join him, but I felt the self-pressure to go out anyway. Unfortunately it included some rowing, which I was NOT so thrilled about to say the least. He is right, the rower brings out the rage in me, no idea what it is!

Sunday WOD
Row 20 minutes (had never rowed that long before personally)
Practice our muscle ups (George 1 came SOOO close)

Christmas Eve WOD
5 rounds
10 Thrusters (squat and then thrust bar above your head continuously) 95lbs/65lbs
10 Box Jumps
10 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls  95/65
10 Burpees
10 KB swings

Christmas Day WOD
21-15-9
Handstand Push Ups
Dips
Push Ups

For the HSPU I will say I was a bit disappointed. I finally conquered the HSPU and was banging them out until that "Snatch Workshop" and then ever since I hurt my shoulder in October I have been using two abmats, so I wanted to try just 1 this WOD and it was TOUGH!!!! Gotta get those back!

Wednesday WOD
This was a post-Christmas WOD that we did with three of us: George 1, George 2, and GiGi.
20 min
7 Deadlifts  185/115/85
200m row

Thursday WOD
5 rounds
Run 500m
15 Overhead Squats (OH) 96/65

I really really struggle with the OH Squat! Holding weight over my head is NOT my forte. It KILLS my wrists, so after the WOD we tried to figure out how to better my grip so that it doesn't hurt as much. The first two rounds I did my OH squats 10 then 5 and the last 3 rounds I was able to do them unbroken. It mentally and physically takes me SO long to get into the groove with OH squats and Snatches. I will say that I chose this WOD and it was COLD, COLD, COLD out and WINDY! Running past one neighbor she looked at me like I was nuts and said "now that is dedication" haha. I do have to admit George 1 ALMOST lapped me. He knocked this WOD out of the park!

Friday WOD
1 RM Bench Press
Back Extension Exercises

3 Rounds
30 Push Up hand real ease
30 KB Swings
30 Double Unders

I have to say George 1 banged this WOD out as well! On the push ups I really tried to focus on leading with my lower back and keeping my core tight so that I didn't create bad habits (especially when I got tired). I also picked a higher KB weight. My thought process is that if I can do a heavier KB weight then maybe the Rx KB weight for a competition won't seem so heavy (George 1 said it doesn't necessarily work like that, but mentally I like my plan, ha). I also did much better on the double unders (still couldn't do 30 in a row), which I was excited about! 

I can definitely feel the aftermath of these WODs in my shoulders today!

No comments:

Post a Comment